Sunday, May 14, 2023

Welcome Ms. Runge!

Staff Spotlight: Heather Runge!

STrEaM is pleased to welcome Heather Runge to our dream team for the 23-24 school year. Ms. Runge will teach PE, Health and Electives including Tech Apps and Environmental Education. Ms. Runge has a Masters in Environmental Education and is endorsed in PE, Health and Reading, with experience in Math intervention as well. Her well-rounded skills and love of the outdoors make her a great fit for our team.
Welcome Ms. Runge!

Welcome letter from Ms. Runge

Hello STrEaM Community,

My name is Heather Runge and I am so looking forward to joining this amazing community for the 2023-2024 school year. I have been living and teaching in Alaska for 10 years. Seven of those have been with ASD. I have taught kindergarten through sixth grades and am currently transitioning from teaching health to STrEaM.  A few years ago, I got my Master of Education in environmental education. It is absolutely one of my most favorite things to study and teach and I can’t wait to learn more about how we can get active and care for our environment together.

10 years ago, I moved to Glennallen, Alaska from northern Idaho. I taught there for 3 years prior to moving into the big city of Anchorage. Anchorage is the largest city in which I have lived, and I love it! We are so lucky to live in such a culturally rich community that offers many opportunities for outdoor adventures. Some of my favorite things to do in Anchorage are to ski, hike, and walk with my dog, Trix. 

I am an only child of my parents who still live in my childhood home back in northern Idaho. On our school breaks, I enjoy traveling down to visit my family, exploring parts of Alaska I have yet to see, and venturing to other new and exciting places. When I travel to a new place, I must hike up a mountain wherever I’m visiting to view the place from above. Seeing a part of the world from this perspective makes me appreciate my place in the world. One of my all-time favorite hikes was right here in Alaska! I can’t wait to get to know you all and learn about all the things you love as well. I’m looking forward to seeing how we broaden one another’s perspectives this coming year!  

With gratitude,

Ms. Runge





No comments:

Post a Comment