This week at STrEaM Academy
May 10th, 2021
Dear STrEaM Families,
This is the LAST full week of school! Let’s FINISH STRONG, STrEaM Academy!
Thank you parents!!
THANK YOU from our entire staff for all the love, support, food and coffee for Teacher Appreciation Week! We felt the love all week, and have such tremendous appreciation for our supportive parents and school community!
Just TWO Wednesdays remaining! This Wednesday, 5/12, please make sure your child completes the iReady Diagnostic in Reading and Math. It is important that we get this final (3rd) data point for this school year.
Next Wednesday, 5/19 is our final virtual working day of the year.
Join our APC for the final meeting of the year, 5:30 PM on Youtube!
Planet Ride Saturday 5/15:
Join us to bike the "Planet Ride!" Meet at 5th and G, next to the giant sun at 9:45 am. See full details on the permission form, due by Thursday May 13th. Permission Form link
Students MUST have a helmet, bike in good repair, a lunch/snack, water, sun glasses & sunscreen, a mask, and a ride home.
FIELD DAY Thursday 5/20:
This year we will have grade-level Field Day events on the last day of school
- Eighth graders will begin with a Moving-On Ceremony on campus, followed by a hike to Cheney Lake for a treasure hunt and ice cream sandwiches
- 7th graders will walk to Chugach Foothills Park for a day of activity stations including: yard games, ultimate frisbee, board games, & free play
- 6th graders will stay on campus and rotate through stations designed for fun and camaraderie: yard games, basketball, crafts, and a design challenge
21-22 SY Planning:
Parents of current 6th and 7th grade students: if your child will not be returning to STrEaM in the fall, PLEASE notify us for planning purposes! We have a waiting list already, and the second lottery is open.
501c3 BASKET AUCTION:
Anchorage Stream Academy Spring 2021 Auction by Stream Anchorage 501(c)(3) or scan the QR CODE with your phone camera.The online auction CLOSES FRIDAY AT 3 PM! Bid on auction baskets here:
The “Engaged Citizen” fundraiser is still open for donations. For every four items a student adds to the Pantry Pack, they receive a drawing ticket for THE HIKING BASKET! So keep those food donations coming in until May 14th.
Drop Off and Pick Up:
- Please pull forward as far as possible before stopping
- Please drive slow and safely on campus and in the neighborhood
- Keep 2 lanes: drop off on the inside/curb, passing lane on the outside
- Students walking home must leave campus when dismissed and may not return to campus
Principal Mokelke email@example.com
Admin. Assistant Biondich firstname.lastname@example.org