Wednesday, September 25, 2019

"I Am" Project information


2019 "I Am" Project update and information 

September 2019

Dear Parents and Families,

Our second annual school-wide “I Am” project is underway! Students are working in grade-level teams every Wednesday developing their projects.

This project culminates Wednesday October 30th at 5 PM in the auditorium with our “I Am” celebration. “I Am” projects will be on display, and families are invited to join us and bring a cultural or family dish to share potluck-style.

6th Grade “I Am” Projects (Mrs. Staker, Ms. Draeger, Ms. Gabel):

Personal Crest and Motto
Essential Question: Who am I as a person (origin, interests) and where did I come from?

Activities: Name art, name poem, crest and motto, map, I Am Poem, flag, optional activities (recipe, musical or theatrical performance, etc.)

Deadlines:
  9/11 Name Poem and Name Art
9/18 Crest and Motto
9/25 Map
10/2 I Am Poem
10/9 Flag
10/16 Books assembled
10/30 Project complete with optional activities planned and ready to present

Products: Final book with all required activities (excluding optional activities)

7th Grade “I Am” Projects (Ms. Kotelman, Mr. Holsopple, Mr. Bierer):

Essential Question: What are the building blocks of my identity?

Activities: Story of your name writing and interview, “I contain multitudes” article annotation & personal connections, parts of me in percentages, silhouettes and illustrations of what makes me ‘me,’ artist statement, personal memoir, cover art

Deadlines:
  9/18: Parts of Me pie chart completed
9/25: Parts of Me abstract artwork completed
9/25: Artist Statement completed
10/09: Mini-memoirs completed
10/09: Cover art completed
10/30: Entire project completed and ready to share

Products: Pie charts, abstract art, artist statement, personal memoir, cover art

8th Grade “I Am” Projects (Mrs. Smith, Ms. Goodman, Mr. Perkins):

Essential Question: Where am I going in 5 years?

Activities: Haiku, Poem, Mind Mirror, Learning Styles Preference Survey and discussions, discussion/presentation with counselor, categories of a 5 year plan (social/emotional, school/college, career, physical location, other goals), Agamograph for Where I Am Vs. Where I’m Going, multimedia video explaining a 5 year plan.

Deadlines:  
Due 9/18: Haiku, Poem, Mind Mirror, Learning Styles Preference Survey, Agamograph for Where I Am
Due 9/25: Agamograph for Where I Am Vs. Where I’m Going
Due 10/2: Started on video
Due 10/16: At least half of video
Due 10/23: Video due (and everything else should already be completed)

Main “BIG” Products: Final Draft of Where I’m Going Poem, Agamograph for Where I Am Vs. Where I’m Going + multimedia video explaining a 5 year plan.

If you have any questions please contact one of the teachers on your child’s grade-level team. We are striving to have great “I Am” products on display for the final event.

We look forward to seeing parents and families on October 30th!

Thank you,
Adam Mokelke
Principal


No comments:

Post a Comment